2 children enter care each hour in NYS – http://www.cccaregivers.org/Kinship-Cost-Benefit-2010.pdf
Average Cost of Kinship Foster Care Annual overall costs of foster care = $1,376,000,000 (OCFS foster care budget).
Number of children in all foster care placements = 24,541
Average cost of all foster care placements = $56,060 per child per year;
Annual cost of one child placed in regular foster care (OCFS official estimate, where regular foster care is basic foster parent payment plus administrative cost) = $21,535
COST TO THE CHILD’S LIFE
- The trauma of separation is incalculable!
- Child Welfare is the first system to impact negatively upon a child’s life.
- Communities of color experience systemic trauma that spans the life cycle due to structural arrangements in our society.
- Negative outcomes for people of color is reflected in virtually every system that is measured for well being.
- Consequences of Structural Racism One ACCORD-Westchester Black Youth Project Stigma Connecting the Dots: A Lifetime of Legalized Discrimination UN to Investigate Crisis in Black Unemployment
Consequences of Structural Racism
Black Youth Project
Connecting the Dots: A Lifetime of Legalized Discrimination
UN to Investigate Crisis in Black Unemployment